1 cup Cooked or canned pinto beans
1 handful Lettuce
2 large Flour tortillas (if using soft, skip step 2)
1/4 Onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups Grated cheddar cheese
1/2 Tomato, chopped
1/2 cup Sour cream
1/4 cup Salsa or picante sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 300?F.
2. Drain the beans, and tear the lettuce into small pieces that can fit in your mouth.
3. Soften the tortillas in the microwave. To do that, sandwich the tortillas between two dampened paper towels, and microwave on full power for 10 seconds.
4. Put a couple of spoonfuls of beans in the middle of each tortilla, and sprinkle some onions on the beans.
5. Roll the tortilla up, and place it on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the tortilla, and cover with aluminum foil.
6. Heat in the oven until the cheese melts (10 to 15 minutes). (Or microwave on high until the cheese melts and the burrito is hot.). Sprinkle the hot burrito with chopped onions, lettuce, and tomato. Serve with sour cream and salsa or picante sauce.
Yield: 2 Servings
For class information, click on the “Calendar” icon. For more details, contact me at the above email address or leave a message.