CHICKEN BREASTS ITALIENNE
1/2 RECIPE RECIPE
3 (1 ½ lbs) 6 (3 lbs.) Chicken breasts, skinned, boned and halved
1 ½ Tbl. 3 Tbl. Lemon juice
1 ¼ tsp. 2 ¾ tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. ¼ tsp. Ground white pepper
6 Tbl. 12 Tbl. Butter or margarine
2 ½ cups 5 cups (1lb.) Sliced mushrooms
¼ cup ½ cup Onion, chopped
¼ cup ½ cup Flour
1 ½ Tbl. 3 Tbl. Olive oil
½ cup 1 cup Water
¼ cup 1/3 cup Dry white wine
1 ½ tsp. 1 Tbl. Original Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbl. 2 Tbl. Chopped parsley
Hot cooked rice or noodles
• Sprinkle chicken breasts with lemon juice, salt and white pepper; set aside.
• Melt half of butter in a large skillet; add mushrooms and onion and sauté 5 minutes.
• Remove mushrooms and onion from skillet; set aside.
• Dredge chicken breasts with flour.
• Add remaining butter with oil to original skillet; heat until hot.
• Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; brown well on both sides, about 10 to 15 minutes.
• Remove chicken; pour off any fat remaining in skillet.
• Add ¾ of water, wine and Worcestershire sauce, heat, stirring to loosen browned particles in bottom of pan.
• Return chicken and mushroom mixture to skillet; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is tender about 10 to 12 minutes.
• Remove chicken to serving platter.
• Stir remaining water and parsley into liquid in skillet; bring to a boil.
• Pour liquid over chicken and mushrooms.
Serve with rice or noodles if desired.
There are many, many entries on this web site. Be sure to scroll back through to the beginning for all the recipes and tips. The “calendar” area has class listings of many types of classes and locations that I teach cooking, homemade pet foods, homemade soap and personal products and many more items. If you would like a class in “home-making”, sewing without a machine or with a machine or any other subject, please contact me and we can arrange a class in my home or any location of your choice. Please contact me for more details. Classes for all ages are available, including children – hands-on or presentational style.
Gift certificates area available for weddings, holidays or “your are special” gifts or any other reason.
Team building with cooking classes is fun. Join co-workers and create recipes or learn about each other while cooking.
I am available to teach cooking classes or food related subjects in your home or give presentations or classes for your organizations or groups. Contact me at the following e-mail address:
Cooking classes currently scheduled can be viewed by clicking on the “Calendar” icon. The schedules will be updated as they change.
Interactive questions, comments, suggestions, etc. can also be posted on this website.
CHICKEN BREASTS ITALIENNE