CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER BANANA LOLLIPOPS
1 cup Cheerios cereal
1/4 cup Almonds, sliced
3 or 4 Bananas, firm
2 Tsp. Shortening
? cup Peanut butter chips
? cup Milk chocolate chips
1. Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2. Chop cereal and almonds together on a cutting board. Set aside.
3. Peel bananas. Cut across each banana to make 2 halves. Put an ice-cream stick in center of each banana half. Set aside.
4. Heat shortening in a small saucepan over low heat until melted. Add peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Heat over low heat, stirring all the time, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove pan from heat.
5. Spread mixture all over 1 banana half with knife. Roll in chopped cereal and almonds. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with other banana halves. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 or 8 lollipops
For class information, click on the “Calendar” icon. For more details, contact me.