LEMONY CHEESE CAKE BARS
1 pkg. Refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 pkgs (8 oz. oz.) Cream cheese (room temperature)
3 Tbl. Lemon juice (fresh or concentrated)
1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring
3/4 cup Sugar
Medium -to-large-size mixing bowl
Mixing spoon or electric mixer
Measuring cup (3/4 cup)
Spatula to clean bowl
8×12 inch shallow baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 350?degrees F.
2. Put the cream cheese in the mixing bowl and let soften for 1/2 hour (if not at room temperature). Or, soften in the microwave for 1 minute.
3. Add 3 Tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring, 3/4-cup sugar and 3 eggs to the softened cream cheese.
4. Mix well with a large spoon or electric mixer until blended. (Small lumps are okay.)
5. Open package of rolls according to directions. Unroll dough and spread out pieces in the baking dish so they touch and form a large rectangle.
6. With your fingers, press dough edges together until the bottom of the baking dish is covered.
7. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the dough to edges.
8. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove, let cool, then refrigerate before cutting into bars. Store covered in the refrigerator.
TIP: Make ordinary bars less ordinary by cutting them at an angle and creating diamond-shaped or triangle- shaped pieces.
Yield: Depends on size of cookies when cut
Starting in January 2007, I will be teaching cooking, soap making and beginning sewing classes in my home. Watch my calendar for dates or call me at 608-240-9773 for details.
I am available to teach cooking or food related subjects in your home or give presentations or classes for your organizations or groups. Contact me at the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-240-9773.
Cooking classes currently scheduled can be viewed by clicking on the “Calendar” icon.