1/3 cup Margarine or butter, melted
2 tsp. Water
? cup Flour, all purpose
? tsp. Salt
2 cups Vegetables, fresh (broccoli flowerets or cauliflowerets, 1/4″carrot slices, ?? zucchini slices, ?” strips green or red pepper
1. Heat the oven to 450*. Brush bottom of rectangular pan, 13″x9″x2″ with about 1 tablespoon of the melted margarine.
2. Beat egg and water with a fork in a shallow dish. Mix flour and salt in another shallow dish.
3. Dip about 1/4 of the vegetables into egg mixture. Remove 1 vegetable piece at a time with a slotted spoon, fork or hands; roll in flour mixture to coat. Place in pan.
4. Repeat with remaining vegetables. Pour remaining margarine carefully over each vegetable piece and into pan.
5. Bake uncovered, turning once, until vegetables are crisp-tender and coating is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes; drain. Sprinkle lightly with grated Parmesan cheese if you like.
Yield: 2 cups of vegetable bites.
For class information, click on the “Calendar” icon and contact me for additional details.