Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min.
Bake: 20 min. + coolingYIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.