Print RecipeMelting Moments Yum
A tender and delicious cookie that is easy to make.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder I use one with no aluminum - I prefer Rumford brand
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg white slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cornflakes (cereal) crushed
- 14 candied cherries halved or you can use a chocolate star, etc.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir (or use a sifter to blend) together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat the margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until softened. Add the sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture, beating until well mixed. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the egg white, then in the cornflakes. Place coated balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Top each ball with half of a candied cherry. Bake in a 375° oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly browned. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks. Yield: 28 cookies approximately Nutritional information per cookie: 68 calories, 1g protein, 8g carbohydrate, 6g fat (1g saturated), 8mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 10mg potassium.
As noted, use ungreased cookie sheets to save excess spreading.
Share this Recipe