1. If the dryer buzzed, dryer clothes were forgotten in the dryer, and now the load is cold and wrinkled, throw in a clean, wet bath towel and tumble the items on medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Left clothes in the washer and now the load smells like wet dog? Set the washer to the rinse cycle and as it fills, add a cup of white vinegar.
3. To dry a damp load faster, add a dry bath towel.
4. Keep a stain-remover stick in a kitchen drawer so you can treat food spills immediately.
5. Add 1/2 cup of baking soda along with your detergent to boost cleaning power -it helps soften the wash water, and detergents work better in softer water.
6. Put a laundry bag or hamper in every clothes closet. If your closets are full, try an over-the-door bag.
7. When washing and drying delicates or stuffed animals, first place them in a pillow case or mesh laundry bag and close end with a ponytail holder on the pillow case end.
8. For grease stains on fabrics, use dishwashing liquid . Just rub a little in and toss the garment in the machine.
9. To take paint off of clothing – use Goof Off on the dried paint on the fabric.
10. For items that will not be going into the dryer, place in mesh laundry bags and this will make them easy to find at the end of the laundry cycle.
There are many, many entries on this web site. Be sure to scroll back through to the beginning for all the recipes and tips.
I am available to teach cooking classes or food related subjects in your home or give presentations or classes for your organizations or groups. Contact me at the following e-mail address: